Package F: Southern Delights
DAY 1 (JUNE 2014): ARRIVE AT COCHIN
You will be greeted with a traditional Indian welcome by our tour executive at the arrival hall of Cochin International Airport. You will be then escorted to your hotel and shall be assisted with check-in.
The eventful history of this city began when a major flood in AD 1341 threw open the estuary at Kochi, till then a land locked region, turning it into one of the finest natural harbors in the world. Kochi thus became a haven for seafaring visitors from all over the world and became the first European town-ship in India when the Portuguese settled here in the 15th century. The Dutch wrested Fort Kochi from the Portuguese in AD 1663 and later in the last phase of the colonial saga, the British took over, the town in 1795. Today, centuries later, the city is home to nearly thirteen communities. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 2 (JUNE 2014): COCHIN
Morning - The tour begins from the Jewish Synagogue (closed on Saturdays) built in 1568. Also visit the St. Francis Church, established by the Portuguese Franciscan friars in 1503. Vasco Da Gama was buried in the courtyard of this European church, one of the first built in India. Visit the Chinese fishing nets. More than a century old and still in use, they are a great part of this tour. Evening - Drive to watch a Kathakali dance (the art of storytelling through dance) performance. After the show, you are driven to dinner with a Keralan family at their home. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 3 (JUNE 2014): COCHIN - PERIYAR
Check out from your hotel in the morning and drive to Thekkady - Periyar National Park. Arrive at Thekkady in the afternoon. Check into your lodge. Periyar wildlife sanctuary is located around a picturesque artificial lake that was formed in 1895 by building a dam on the Periyar River. The terrain is hilly and the elevation of the park ranges from a few hundred feet to about 6000 feet above sea level. Although it falls under "Project Tiger", the main attractions of the park are definitely Elephants. Periyar is home to just under a thousand elephants and also over 60 other mammal species. Proceed for enjoying a boat cruise in Periyar Lake with lunch break. The most enjoyable part of seeing the wildlife is going around the lake in a boat. From the safety of a boat you can witness herds of wild elephants coming down to water and swim. The other prominent fauna to be seen are Tiger, Sambar, Barking deer, Mouse deer, Nilgiri Tahr, Wild Pigs, Wild dogs, Porcupine, Lion-tailed macaque, Malabar Squirrel, Flying Squirrel, Sloth Bear, Gaur and Black Langur (Monkey). Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 4 (JUNE 2014): PERIYAR - BACKWATERS
Start your day with the visit to a scenic village that lies hidden in the valley behind the mountains of Periyar Tiger Reserve. You will travel in a bullock cart. The village and its history will leave you spellbound when the guide starts to explain how farming has woven itself inextricably with the culture and the life of the natives. After lunch - Drive to Alleppey & board your houseboat. Relax and have a great time till the next morning as you cruise the amazing backwaters. The cook and other staff make sure that all your needs are taken care of, while serving you with delicious Kerala cuisine. Stay overnight on the houseboat.
DAY 5 (JUNE 2014): BACKWATERS - COCHIN - ONWARD DESTINATION
Disembark from your boat in the morning and drive to the Cochin airport to board your onward flight.
|Per Person Land Costs (based on 1 guest traveling alone):|
|First Class Level||Single Occupancy|
|US $ 1354|
|Per Person Land Costs (based on 2 guests traveling together):|
|First Class Level||Double Occupancy|
|US $ 814 Per Person|
Hotel to be used: (First Class Level - 5 Star Hotels)
|Cochin||Taj Malabar or similarط¢||2|
|Periyar||Spice Village or similar||1|
|Backwaters||A/C Deluxe Houseboat||1|
- 04 nights stay at the hotels on entire trip.
- Hotel accommodation on single & double occupancy basis.
- All transfers and sightseeing by your personal A/C SUV.
- Check-in time is 2 p.m. and check-out time is 12 noon for most of the
- Breakfast at all the hotels.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served at House Boat).
- Kathakali Dance performance in Cochin.
- 01 Dinner with a famous Keralan chef and her family (incl. cooking lesson) in Cochin
- Boat cruise in Lake Periyar.
- Bullock cart ride in Periyar.
- Guided Jungle trek in Periyar.
- All safari related charges at Periyar (including park entry fees, guide fees, vehicle fees etc.)
- Entrance fees to monuments as per the itinerary.
- Services of an English speaking guide as per the itinerary.
- Bottled mineral water for sightseeing/excursions and long drives.
- Representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Any personal expenses such as tips, laundry and drinks.
- Any extra meals (other than those specifically laid down).
- Personal Travel Insurance, visa etc.
- Camera fees (both still and video).
- International / domestic flight tickets.
WE WOULD BE GLAD TO HAVE YOUR CONFIRMATION FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED PACKAGE LATEST BY 15TH MAY 2014 TO AVAIL THE ABOVE TOUR COST.
For Bookings: REACH US AT email@example.com