Package A: God's own Country
DAY 1 (JUNE 2014): ARRIVE AT COCHIN
You will be greeted with a traditional Indian welcome by our tour executive at the arrival hall of Cochin International Airport. You will be then escorted to your hotel and shall be assisted with check-in.
The eventful history of this city began when a major flood in AD 1341 threw open the estuary at Kochi, till then a land locked region, turning it into one of the finest natural harbors in the world. Kochi thus became a haven for seafaring visitors from all over the world and became the first European town-ship in India when the Portuguese settled here in the 15th century.
The Dutch wrested Fort Kochi from the Portuguese in AD 1663 and later in the last phase of the colonial saga, the British took over, the town in 1795. During 1660's, Fort Kochi peaked in stature as a prime commercial centre and its fame spread far and wide - variously as a rich trade centre, a major military base, a vibrant cultural hub, a great ship building centre, a centre for Christianity and so on. Today, centuries later, the city is home to nearly thirteen communities. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 2 (JUNE 2014): COCHIN
Morning - The tour begins from the Jewish Synagogue (closed on Saturdays) built in 1568. Also visit the St. Francis Church, established by the Portuguese Franciscan friars in 1503. Vasco Da Gama was buried in the courtyard of this European church, one of the first built in India. Visit the Chinese fishing nets. More than a century old and still in use, they are a great part of this tour. Evening - Drive to watch a Kathakali dance (the art of storytelling through dance) performance. After the show, you are driven to dinner with a Keralan family at their home. Stay overnight at the hotel.
DAY 3 (JUNE 2014): COCHIN - BACKWATERS CRUISE
Drive to Alleppey in the morning & board your houseboat. Relax and have a great time till the next morning as you cruise the amazing backwaters. The cook and other staff make sure that all your needs are taken care of, while serving you with delicious Kerala cuisine. Stay overnight on the houseboat.
DAY 4 (JUNE 2014): BACKWATERS - COCHIN - ONWARD DESTINATION
Disembark from your boat in the morning and drive to the Cochin airport to board your onward flight.
|Land Costs Per Person (based on 1 guest traveling alone):|
|First Class Level||Single Occupancy|
|US $ 1046|
|Land Costs Per Person (based on 2 guests traveling together):|
|First Class Level||Double Occupancy|
|US $ 618 Per Person|
Hotel to be used: (First Class Level - 5 Star Hotels)
|Cochin||The Taj Malabar or Similar||2|
|Backwaters||A/C Deluxe Houseboat||1|
- 03 nights stay at the above mentioned hotels or similar.
- Hotel accommodation on single & double occupancy basis.
- All transfers and sightseeing by your personal A/C SUV.
- Check-in time is 2 p.m. and check-out time is 12 noon for most of the hotels
- Breakfast at all the hotels.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner will be served at House Boat).
- Kathakali Dance performance in Cochin.
- 01 Dinner with a famous Keralan chef and her family (incl. cooking lesson) in Cochin
- Entrance fees to monuments as per the itinerary.
- Services of an English speaking guide as per the itinerary.
- Bottled mineral water for sightseeing/excursions and long drives.
- Representative for assistance on all arrival and departure transfers.
- All currently applicable taxes.
- Any personal expenses such as tips, laundry and drinks.
- Any extra meals (other than those specifically laid down).
- Personal Travel Insurance, Visa etc.
- Camera fees (both still and video).
- International / Domestic flight tickets.
WE WOULD BE GLAD TO HAVE YOUR CONFIRMATION FOR THE ABOVE MENTIONED PACKAGE LATEST BY 15TH MAY 2014 TO AVAIL THE ABOVE TOUR COST.
For Bookings: REACH US AT email@example.com